This Years Muzzleloader




The first two pictures are of my buck from this years Utah muzzleloader hunt. I first spotted this buck about a month before my hunt started and liked him a lot because of the cheater in the right side. I knew he was not a big buck but decided if i could find him opening morning I would try for him. When opening morning came I was able to locate him at first light. I made a pretty good stock to get within 85 yards of him and five other bucks. I pulled up my muzzleloader and took a shot. A big cloud of smoke filled the air from the powder and I saw deer running everywhere. None of them appeared to be injured so a began questioning my shot. I reloaded and watched where the other bucks went just incase. I walked over to where they were standing and the cheater buck was on the ground. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my first muzzleloader buck on the ground. I hiked back up to my truck and found the guy in the last picture up there looking for a buck. I knew where the other five bucks had gone so we went after them and he was able to get this three point. His first muzzleloader buck also. What a great opening morning!!! I didn't know this guy but like me I am sure he wont easily forget this exciting morning!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I found your blog and think it's great you have a guy's blog! (I don't even have a blog I just stalk other people's ha ha). You look good in your pictures with your buck and BTW your a pretty good writer too, I love the detail in your description of your shot!

The Skinners said...

Thats cool that you were able to get the exact one you wanted. I bet you were very excited.

Anonymous said...

i have never seen a more 'guys' blog than this. I never knew there were so many organizations and links to hunting until I read your cool blog.